People usually go for anti-inflammatory medicines when they suffer from any kind of pain. These medicines may cause dizziness drowsiness or may even cause allergies for some. Certain pains are unbearable. Some pain feels as if death is near.
What if you are allergic to the medicines that you are supposed to have for the pain?
Will you stay bearing the pain the whole day?
No. Why talk about the whole day, we won’t even stay for 10mins. What we can do is, run into the kitchen to check if there are any foods that can make you relieve pain.
So, in this article, I am going to talk about some foods which help you reduce your pain and also give you a soothing effect. Myself, Clara Fernandes. I am basically a nutritionist based in New Jersey.
Try reading this article without skipping any part.
What Are The Best Pain-Relieving Foods In Our Kitchen?
Some of the pain-relieving foods are as follows:
- GINGER: Ginger is a traditional medicine for stomach pain. When you suffer from gastric problems or any joint pain like arthritis, then having ginger is a good option.
You can also drink ginger juice when you are suffering from menstrual cramps. Either you can take ¼ spoon of ginger juice a day or you can eat it as such. It is a little spicy. But you can have it keeping its benefits in mind.
- TURMERIC: Turmeric has a plateful of benefits. It is one of the best medicines for inflammation. The most active compound in turmeric is Curcumin and this curcumin has many health benefits which are even scientifically proven. It is an anti-oxidant and is also good for improving the health of your heart.
Have you seen people suffering from Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis?
If yes, suggest they take the Curcumin supplements. People who had difficulty in walking, after having the supplements, now find it much easier to walk. Studies have proven that curcumin also prevents diseases like Alzheimer’s and Cancer. If you don’t like to consume it as such, try adding a small amount to the dishes you prepare.
- SALMON: Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and potassium. It also contains protein and Vitamin B12. Salmon is exceptional anti-inflammatory food. When omega 3 fatty acid is combined with potassium, it reduces the inflammation caused in the arteries thereby helping you protect the health of your heart. It also helps in maintaining the cholesterol level as well as the blood pressure.
Do keep in mind not to eat fishes like Tilapia and Catfish because these fishes are rich in Omega-6 fatty acids which increase inflammation.
- PUMPKIN SEEDS: Pumpkin seeds are good for people suffering from migraine. It is rich in magnesium and so it reduces the chances of you getting migraine often. Since it is rich in vitamin E and carotenoids, it helps you reduce inflammation and improves your immunity which in turn helps you to stay healthy. It is also used to treat osteoporosis, a condition in which your bones become brittle. Pumpkin seed oil is one of the best ways the treatment of joint pain.
Now, You may be wondering how you will eat pumpkin seeds. Here is the way. You can have it as an evening snack after drying and roasting the seed. You can also crush them and mix them in the dishes you prepare. If you are a smoothie lover, you can also blend these seeds into your favorite smoothie.
- GARLIC: Allicin is an active component of garlic. It is known for its organosulfur compound productions. It fights against viruses and bacteria including E.coli.
Garlic also contains sulfur compounds which is an anti-inflammatory substance. As a result, it helps you from having joint pains. Eating 1 or 2 cloves of garlic promotes the health of your heart as well.