Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal pain characterized by increased pain, muscle stiffness, and extreme tiredness. Around 2.9 million people are suffering from fibromyalgia in the UK. The significant symptoms of this condition include chronic pain, insomnia, and anxiety. CBD-included products are available in capsules and oil forms to treat many health conditions. But the usage of CBD for medicinal purposes is still a debatable point.
Cannabis is used for treatments because it can improve the quality of life and reduce the symptoms of fibromyalgia. In recent years, many people have been interested in using this remedy to treat health conditions in the US. The article will explore the effectiveness of CBD and provide insights into the relationship between CBD and fibromyalgia.
CBD and fibromyalgia
CBD has been historically used to treat several illnesses, including pain, inflammation, tumors, and many more. The CBD-based treatment for fibromyalgia has been the subject of debate for years. Medical cannabis is used to help relieve pain, reduce anxiety, and improve pain. Cannabis has proven an effective treatment remedy for many health conditions and it is used as a safer alternative to prescription medication. Medical researchers claim that fibromyalgia patients experienced better relief using CBD medicines. But the mechanism of cannabinoids is still unclear because it affects different people having health conditions.
Fibromyalgia is not easy to treat, but after using CBD contained products, many people had pain relief and were using CBD as a substitute for pain medications. There is a link between chronic pain conditions and the lack of endocannabinoids in the human body. Endocannabinoids are naturally occurring receptors in the body and are believed to manage bodily functions such as sleep, mood, and the body’s response to pain. Some clinical tests claim that the properties of CBD attach themselves to the body’s endocannabinoid receptors or prevent them from breaking down. So, the effect of CBC can control chronic pain that occurs in the body.
Is it safe to use CBD?
CBD is a natural and non-harmful compound derived from the cannabis plant. Marijuana and hemp are two different cannabis plants that contain two chemicals called THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol). THC and CBD can activate the endocannabinoid system of the human body. These compounds can control the signals from the brain to various parts of the body. So when we use CBD or THC, it manages the pain signals from the brain to the affected body part.
CBD is known for relieving anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorders. Many studies claim that CBD can be used to treat various illnesses and diseases without getting high. CBD helps reduce multiple psychiatric and medical symptoms in patients, but it is not scientifically approved. The CBD-contained products claim that they treat several health conditions such as chronic pain, migraines, inflammation, autoimmune diseases, depression, and anxiety.
Cause and symptoms of fibromyalgia
Anyone can develop this condition suddenly or gradually. People with this chronic condition must deal with it for the rest of their lives. The actual cause and diagnosis for this condition are still under study. The researchers think that certain things including stress from a traumatic event, repetitive injuries, or vital injuries are considered a cause of this condition. Mostly this condition is seen in women, middle-aged people, people with certain diseases, and people who have family members with fibromyalgia. The pain that results from fibromyalgia can be different for the individual. People can experience pain throughout the body that persists for a long period.
Some of the symptoms are
- Increased pain in muscles and tissues.
- Constant fatigue.
- Memory power problems.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Weakness in muscles.
- Pain in the joints.
- Neck, arms, and legs tenderness.
- Depression and panic disorder.
How is fibromyalgia diagnosed?
Currently, there are no specific tests to find out the cause of fibromyalgia or completely cure the illness. People having fibromyalgia undergo several treatment plans with a combination of psychological and behavioral therapy. The impact of this condition can be controlled by practicing self-management approaches, such as exercise and other movement therapies. This method emphasizes minimizing the symptoms and improving general health.
How CBD works for fibromyalgia?
Scientists are researching CBS and how it can be used for treatment purposes. Many studies have shown that CBD could have modest benefits for severe pain, reducing inflammation, and improving sleep.
The CBD attaches itself to specific receptors in the brain like CB2, which helps to manage inflammation and pain in the body. CBD works as a natural endocannabinoid in the body and behaves the same way to reduce pain and inflammation. It can also help to repair the damaged brain cells and tissues in the body.
How to use CBD for fibromyalgia?
CBD products are available in dispensaries, local stores, and online shops. Even though CBD is used as a plant-based, anti-inflammatory, and therapeutic tool, you have to consider some things before consuming the CBD contained drugs.
- It takes time to work for fibromyalgia symptoms. A single use of CBD product can only provide relief for a short period but using it for months can be beneficial to reduce fibromyalgia symptoms for a long time. The supplements including CBD should be consumed for two weeks to 6 months with a recommended dosage by a professional.
- Select a high-quality CBD product for fibromyalgia treatment because cannabinoid plants are used as pesticides and herbicides in the agricultural field. So the quality of CBD is necessary to work effectively for fibromyalgia pain or other symptoms. Always consider the quality of CBD products before purchasing.
- CBD products are available in the form of oil and capsules. The fat-soluble properties are easily digestible and absorbed in our bodies. You can CBD products with healthy fat like coconut or extra virgin oil. The water-soluble form of CBD is also a beneficial and good option for rapid absorption in the body.
- Professional advice is always better to select the perfect CBD product to cure fibromyalgia. The doctor can guide you with the required dosage of CBD by studying your physical condition and symptoms.
How medical cannabis can improve the quality of life for fibromyalgia?
CBD products are the most affordable and effective remedy to improve fibromyalgia symptoms. People having fibromyalgia struggle to lead a comfortable life because of the advanced effects of the health condition. People with fibromyalgia will have mental and physical problems for a long time. Tasks and responsibilities become more difficult for them with this health condition. So, it is necessary to control it to have a fibro-free life.
Including the US and several countries have approved CBD to treat fibromyalgia and other related health conditions. As per many reports and feedback from the patients, CBD helped to reduce the symptoms of fibromyalgia including depression, anxiety, and sleeplessness. CND products are beneficial to many people to manage health conditions better than other medications. They experience less pain and stiffness than those who took other medicines.
Side effects of CBD
CBD is often considered well-tolerated and safe for many medical conditions. CBD is added to foods, beverages, dietary supplements, and other body care products to improve stress, pain, and sleep issues in people.
But some people may have adverse reactions after consuming CBD in a certain dosage. Some people may have side effects like diarrhea, fatigue, change in appetite, and weight. Other side effects include abnormal liver function, sedation, pneumonia, and low energy. Some people experienced mouth irritation after using CBD.
Natural treatments for fibromyalgia
In addition to CBD, several lifestyle remedies can be helpful to people to cure fibromyalgia. These include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy – this therapy focuses to help people with their thinking conditions and manages to change their symptoms by controlling the thoughts and behavior that affect pain, fatigue, and other symptoms.
- Exercise – physical activity is considered the most safest and effective natural remedy to cure many health problems. Regular exercise helps to lessen the pain and fatigue caused by fibromyalgia. Swimming, walking or cycling can improve the health conditions of Patients naturally.
- Massage therapy – fibromyalgia is related to muscle and joint pains. Many studies proved that massaging is a natural remedy for body pains. Self-massage can be a good option for fibromyalgia patients.
- Mind therapy – mind therapies help to reduce mental issues and stress caused by several health conditions. These therapies are useful to reduce the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
Even though CBD has several medicinal benefits to cure fibromyalgia, it is important to understand how this remedy works in the patient’s body. The most effective treatment for fibromyalgia is known, but people can use CBD to manage their stress, pain, and other symptoms.
Some health benefits are related to the combined uses of THC and CBD. Researchers are investigating the effectiveness of CBD and how it can be used in various health conditions. We cannot rely on CBD products for relief because it is not scientifically approved. If you want to try CBD products to manage fibromyalgia, consult a doctor to help choose the correct product.
Dr. Edward Zelman
Dr. Edward Zelman is a distinguished and highly respected medical professional who has dedicated his career to the field of general medicine. With a profound commitment to patient care and a wealth of knowledge acquired over decades of practice, Dr. Zelman has earned a reputation as a trusted healthcare provider in his community. With a career defined by excellence and an unwavering commitment to the betterment of his patients and the broader community, Dr. Edward Zelman stands as a pillar of the medical field, dedicated to the principles of healing and compassionate care. At present, Dr. Edward Zelman is researching safe and effective natural remedies that can restore as well as maintain the youthful functioning of the body.
View All By Dr. Edward