Anxiety is a common emotion that we experience every now and then in various proportions. However, if anxiety becomes uncontrollable and prolonged which affects the quality of life then it falls under the category of a disorder. In that case, anxiety requires treatment, and those individuals suffering need to consult a physician who may prescribe medicines. However, if you did opt for conventional medication and could not find relief then it would be worth knowing about CBD Vape Pens that might possibly help you to find a solution.
CBD is an extract found in a hemp plant known as Cannabis. CBD Vape Pen is an electronic gadget in the shape of a Pen that needs to be smoked to gain benefit from it. Currently, there are two types of them available in the market, disposable and refillable type. The top part of the vape pen is the cartridge which has a chamber that contains cannabis oil. It also has a mouthpiece which makes it possible to inhale. The battery lies in the rear part. A disposable vape has a certain amount of e-juice in it, and once it is depleted it cannot be used anymore.
Here we aim at providing a brief overview of anxiety, the prospects of CBD Vape Pens in treating anxiety disorder, the scientific studies that have been conducted in this regard, and much more. So reading this article is highly recommended as it would provide you with all the necessary information about CBD.
Types Of Anxiety
- General Anxiety Disorders: General Anxiety Disorders put you in a position where you are overwhelmed by constant fear and worry about something in an out-of-proportionate manner that hardly has any impact. Perhaps, it makes you think unrealistic and your mind starts finding escape routes for every possible scenario for a deadly problem that only exists in your imagination.
- Panic Disorder: Panic disorder is a sudden strong feeling about something fatal that put you in an uncontrollable situation of fear and in the verge of a collapse. You would experience a pounding heartbeat and the sensation of choking which mimics a heart attack and sometimes land you in emergency rooms.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is one of the most common, chronic, and long-lasting disorders. OCD gives you irrational thoughts and makes you perform an activity repeatedly as a never-ending process so to speak. It can affect your daily tasks and cost you time and energy and also a lot of stress.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Social Anxiety Disorders occur when you become more and more self-conscious to an extent that everyday social behavior becomes difficult for you. You may worry about others judging your actions all the time or you are always being ridiculed.
Apart from the most common anxiety disorders in the above list, there are lot many other disorders and phobias which might also affect people’s lives negatively.
Symptoms Of Anxiety
Anxiety makes people react differently however there are some features of it that are all the more common. Listed below are a few of them.
- Uncontrolled thoughts: Over Anxiety causes havoc in an individual’s mind which could lead to generating a barrage of negative thoughts which show no signs of fading at all.
- Poor concentration: Too much anxiety can ruin your concentration as the mind struggles to stay on task and gets derailed into other fragile thoughts.
- Unable to sleep: Chronic anxiety can take a heavy toll on the human body and it becomes very difficult to sleep after going through a steep curve of emotions.
- Restlessness: Anxiety disorder turn on the fight or flight response in individuals which is the body’s natural way of dealing with stress and may lead to restlessness.
- Feeling Fatigue: Anxiety is an emotion that utilizes a lot of energy and leads to an adrenaline rush which after subsiding would result in fatigue.
- Irritability: Those suffering from anxiety problems have their body and mind overwhelmed with fear which leads to stress and this is the primary reason for the person being irritable.
Causes of Anxiety
Causes of anxiety could not be verified and it seems there are many factors at play here that contribute to this problem. The most common ones could be brain chemistry, environmental stress, side effects of certain medications, and other health conditions.
Individuals can also be prone to overwhelming anxiety due to certain traumatic experiences they had in early childhood. This could haunt them at times and give them nightmares more often which could lead to a surge of anxiety. Another factor that could be the contributor to anxiety is the flashbacks they receive about some horrible incidents like accidents that took in their life which continue to haunt them.
What Are CBD Vape Pens?
Cannabidiol is one of the most active ingredients found in the cannabis plant. The CBD extracts from hemp are known to have medicinal properties which fight anxiety, insomnia, and muscle disorder. CBD Vape Pens are pen-shaped devices that help in vaping CBD to treat anxiety disorder. It is quite easy to use and is also the most convenient to carry. There are disposable as well as refillable CBD Vape Pens available and disposable ones come pre-filled with CBD vape juice.
How Do CBD Vape Pens Help Anxiety?
There are lots of ways to take CBD, however, inhaling Cannabinoids has its advantage as it requires only small doses to produce results plus it enters the bloodstream and brain quickly. Serotonin, an active component in the brain, help’s to improve mood, render happiness and get rid of anxiety.
Depression and anxiety are the direct results of the shortage of this chemical. The cannabinoid CBD interconnects with serotonin receptors that are known to have anxiolytic effects. Anxiolytics is a medicine that is used to treat anxiety. CBD increases the 5-HT1a receptor’s binding in a way similar to serotonin. It is believed that it may help the human body to enable its own serotonin to reduce anxiety.
Research On CBD and Anxiety
The US National Library of Medicine has conducted a study and concluded that Cannabidiol displays promise as a tool for reducing anxiety. Their findings suggest that CBD has demonstrated preliminary efficacy for a range of physical and mental health care problems. In the simulated public speaking test conducted, CBD was helpful in decreasing anxiety at doses of 300 mg to 600 mg in single-dose studies. The studies involving rats suggest lower doses of 10 mg/kg have a higher anxiolytic effect than higher doses of 100 mg/kg.
How To Use CBD Vape Pens?
CBD Vape Pens should come with a user manual that needs to be followed strictly so that you are using it properly. As discussed earlier CBD Vape Pens come with disposable and refillable options. Disposable CBD Vape Pens are easy to use and you can start inhaling without any preparations.
In the case of Refillable CBD Vape Pens, you should follow the below steps.
- Fill the Vape Pen tank with CBD e-juice
- For optimal performance prime your coil
- Wait for 5-10 minutes for the coil to saturate
- The power button needs to click 5 times to turn on the battery
- Dial in your preferred setting If it has adjustable airflow
- Press the button while inhaling, start with small puffs
- Wait 5-10 minutes between puffs, and observe how CBD affects you
- Always start slow, and work your way up to the optimal dose
- Try taking larger and more frequent puffs
- Clean up your vape tank regularly
Precautions And Considerations
As a precaution, Cannabidiol products should be taken after consultation with a medical practitioner who can prescribe a safe dosage plan that works for you. This plan should be in accordance with your symptoms and should consider other medications or supplements you may be taking. Also, the quality of CBD should be ensured before taking it.
Generally, CBD is well tolerated by the body however it can cause side effects such as dry mouth, diarrhea, reduced appetite, drowsiness, etc for some people. Individuals who suffer from serious medical ailments should certainly consider taking medical advice before using it
CBD Vape does show benefits in dealing with anxiety however it should be made sure that the product is purchased from reputed sellers. Also, it should be taken in safer doses prescribed by doctors to avoid overuse of the substance. The CBD Vape Pen seems a good option for those who value portability as it comes in the form of a pen that could be easily used at any time. In the end, it is up to the readers who can make a favorable choice if they feel CBD Vape could possibly help them in their effort to ward off anxiety.
Dr. Edward Zelman
Dr. Edward Zelman is a distinguished and highly respected medical professional who has dedicated his career to the field of general medicine. With a profound commitment to patient care and a wealth of knowledge acquired over decades of practice, Dr. Zelman has earned a reputation as a trusted healthcare provider in his community. With a career defined by excellence and an unwavering commitment to the betterment of his patients and the broader community, Dr. Edward Zelman stands as a pillar of the medical field, dedicated to the principles of healing and compassionate care. At present, Dr. Edward Zelman is researching safe and effective natural remedies that can restore as well as maintain the youthful functioning of the body.
View All By Dr. Edward