CBD is a natural alternative that effectively acts on your body to relieve pain without any side effects. When it comes to acute pain relief, topical CBD tops the list. This article will give you an overview of the topical CBD for acute pain relief.
If you suffer from intense or severe pain caused due to surgery, injury, trauma, painful medical procedures, or illness, know that you are one among the millions who suffer from acute pain. As you are not alone in this scenario, finding perfect pain relief is not a hard task. But sticking to traditional medications will put your health at risk by causing side effects. So it’s time to move on by finding the right topical CBD that helps solve all your acute pain issues and manage their symptoms. If it sounds impressive and is curious to know more about topical CBD for acute pain, here is everything you need to know.
What is CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is an active ingredient found in marijuana or hemp plants. In other words, CBD is a vital component of medical marijuana. The pure form of CBD is derived directly from naturally grown hemp plants or manufactured in a laboratory.
CBD, one out of hundreds of components in marijuana, will not make you high or cause no adverse effects on your health. Based on reports published by the World Health Organization, CBD causes no harm to your health. To date, there is no evidence reported indicating the problems associated with using CBD.
Does CBD help with acute pain?
Research suggests that CBD comes with myriad benefits that help alleviate acute pain and its related symptoms. Acute pain is one of the most common reasons people search for CBD. The fact is that current treatments for acute pain are inadequate. Clinical evidence shows that CBD helps reduce inflammation and overall pain in humans with no side effects. The anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects of CBD support all people with acute pain.
CBD, the major nonpsychoactive cannabis compound, helps with pain by acting on the endocannabinoid system. This system has cannabinoid receptors. By receiving and translating signals from cannabinoids, CBD helps alleviate pain and perform other functions in the body. This system with active receptors supports the functions of the body including metabolism, immune-system responses, mood, anxiety, pain perception, sleep, and appetite.
Does CBD make you high?
The straightforward answer to this question is NO. CBD is not impairing by any means. Cannabidiol does not cause inebriating high in its users. CBD, the psychoactive substance positively affects your mood and brain. Many clinical trials have proven the fact that CBD can lower anxiety and support restful sleep. Though CBD is psychoactive, it is not intoxicating. It will not control your movements or decision-making abilities. As CBD holds no intoxicating qualities, it does not have any risk associated with taking CBD, even consistently. How? Let’s take a deep look at why CBD doesn’t get you high.
The cannabinoid 1 receptor (CB1) is a brain receptor. THC makes you high by slightly activating the CB1 receptor. But in the case of CBD, it does not activate the CB1 receptor directly. This means that CBD makes no high feeling. So taking CBD has no risk of getting intoxicated. Also, it is highly beneficial for your body and provides complete wellness.
CBD health benefits – Is Topical CBD effective?
CBD benefits your body in many ways. Here are some of the science-backed health benefits of CBD that you must know:
- Reduce anxiety and pain: The ability to calm your body is the most active effect of CBD. A study published in the Brazilian Journal of Psychiatry shows that participants in the placebo test experienced significant reductions in anxiety and depression. The antidepressant properties of CBD help the body to stay in a calm state.
- Alleviate unmanageable pain: The positive effects of CBD in treating sclerosis-related central neuropathic pain are proven, and the studies indicate the same. The effectiveness of CBD in treating acute and chronic pain was published in a study conducted in the year 2020. In the study, participants with symptomatic peripheral neuropathy were provided with CBD and reported positive effects without any side effects.
- Treat epilepsy syndrome: CBD is used to treat epileptic seizures. FDA approved using CBD in 2018, and it has been proven to treat two rare forms of epilepsy. Many studies later supported the FDA’s approval that CBD helps patients having epilepsy syndrome.
- Support for treating opioid addiction: Many human clinical trials have shown that CBD can help treat people with opioids. Also, CBD helps reduce various psychiatric and medical symptoms such as insomnia, pain, anxiety, etc. It works to treat opioid addiction.
- Reduce PTSD symptoms: In a study report published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, participants with post-traumatic stress disorder got treatment with CBD and reported positive effects with significant changes. The entourage effect benefits everyone if taken in the exact suggested dosage.
- Lower ALS symptoms: Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS is a health condition that occurs in your body due to decorative nerve cells in the spinal cord and brain. CBD is known to cure this disease and the FDA has approved medications with CBD to treat ALS symptoms. Though the doses vary depending upon the requirements of the users, the effect of CBD benefits people with ALS.
- Ease diabetic complications: CBD helps to regulate blood glucose levels. Taking CBD in a safe dosage will help prevent diabetes and its related complications. The significant effects of CBD in insulin treatment will help reduce the level of resistin and raise glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide levels. So CBD is a natural treatment for regulating diabetes.
- Inhibit arthritis symptoms: Arthritis is a health condition in which the tissues surrounding your joints get deteriorated. Whatever the type of arthritis, CBD helps alleviate the pain and symptoms. CBD supports your joint and helps in easy movement.
- Prevents neurological diseases: Rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, CBD helps to fight against neurological diseases. CBD, with its potent properties, protects neurons and safeguards you from various pathological disorders. Several studies highlight the beneficial effects of CBD against Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, and Alzheimer’s disease.
So it seems that the CBD made using high-quality hemp plants when infused with supreme quality oils, is safe and effective in treating various health conditions. Additional benefits can be expected from taking CBD by using essential oil in the product. So, if you fall into any of the above-listed categories, it is ideal to try topical CBD products that cause no side effects. Research suggests that CBD causes no adverse effects on your health when taken in a safe and suggested dosage.
What is the best way to take CBD?
CBD comes in different forms. It is available as capsules, gummies, oil, patches, topical applicators, and vapes. If you are looking for a perfect way to relieve pain in muscles and joints, a topical CBD is the perfect option you can choose.
Also, the CBB patch, spray, or tincture upon intake will act on your body directly by entering the bloodstream. Overall, based on your health requirements and preferences, you can take any form of CBD you think will benefit you in the exact way as scientifically proven.
What should you watch for when buying CBD products?
In the current market, different types of CBD brands are available. So to find out the best, here are a few things you need to keep in mind while purchasing CBD products:
- The label: Look for the product label highlighting the FDA disclaimer and warning section. Also, look for the third-party lab test results and associated details.
- Dosing: The legit CBD product you plan to purchase should mention the dosage instructions and safety guidelines to follow. Do not try any CBD products that fail to provide any details regarding the dosage.
- Batch number: Checking the batch number is what you should do while purchasing CBD products. The manufacturers will print a batch number on their products. This indicates whether they follow GMP certification guidelines.
- Ingredients: Besides CBD, check out the ingredients used in the product. Acquiring complete details regarding the ingredients used in CBD products will help you get a complete picture of the product and its effectiveness.
- Disease curing claims: Know in detail about the claims made by the manufacturer about curing diseases. The point you need to consider is that don’t try products that make disease claims. Trying such products will put your health at risk.
CBD is a proven way to alleviate the pain and discomfort you feel in your body. For those suffering from acute pain, topical CBD seems to be a better choice comparing the other CBD products currently available in the market.
CBD helps you to cure your acute and chronic pain without causing any adverse effects of drug intoxication. If you are interested in trying CBD for acute pain, before taking topical CBD, talk to an expert physician about your current health condition and determine the best way to start with which serves right for you.
Dr. Edward Zelman
Dr. Edward Zelman is a distinguished and highly respected medical professional who has dedicated his career to the field of general medicine. With a profound commitment to patient care and a wealth of knowledge acquired over decades of practice, Dr. Zelman has earned a reputation as a trusted healthcare provider in his community. With a career defined by excellence and an unwavering commitment to the betterment of his patients and the broader community, Dr. Edward Zelman stands as a pillar of the medical field, dedicated to the principles of healing and compassionate care. At present, Dr. Edward Zelman is researching safe and effective natural remedies that can restore as well as maintain the youthful functioning of the body.
View All By Dr. Edward