When it comes to relieving pain, the first thing that comes to your mind will be CBD oil, right? People across the globe make use of the available cannabidiol (CBD) to relieve pain, which is legal in various regions. Studies show the significant effects of CBD oil that help to overcome the pain felt by people in different age groups. The myriad health benefits and non-intoxicating properties help to improve your health, especially by relieving pain.
Is CBD Oil A Good Reliever For All Type Of Pain?
If you are one or know someone struggling with pain, know that one of the best options that help you lead a pain-free life is trying CBD oil. The majority of you may still be sitting on the fence thinking about the safety, dosage, and application of CBD oil. A simple fact is that it’s very common to be unaware of these, but comprehending every single detail of how to use CBD oil for pain relief will help you stay on a healthy track.
As it’s hard for you to figure out the exact safe dosage and application guidelines without any guidance, here in this article, you will get an idea of the safe dose of CBD you need to stick with to alleviate the pain naturally and safely.
What is CBD oil?
CBD or Cannabidiol is one of the many active compounds naturally found in the cannabis sativa or hemp plant. CBD gets extracted from the hemp plant via various extraction processes. The result after extraction will be a thick, oily paste. CBD oil is produced when mixed with any of the carrier oils like coconut oil or hemp oil. So, CBD oil comes in different strengths, and users make use of it in various ways.
Different methods to use CBD
The popular ways to take CBD are discussed below:
- CBD oil capsules: CBD capsules are the most common way of taking CBD oil to lower the pain you feel in your body. These pre-measured capsules are lab-tested for their safety, quality, and purity levels. CBD oil capsules are the easiest and most reliable way that helps you stick to consistent usage.
- CBD oil tincture: CBD oil tinctures are the best way to take CBD oil if you prefer taking it orally. They are available in dropper and spray bottle form. The CBD oil tincture that comes with a dropper in each bottle helps to take the safe amount directly into your mouth. Taking it using the dropper recommends keeping the drops under your tongue for a couple of seconds. Or if in a spray bottle, you can spritz the tincture inside your cheeks.
- CBD Balm or Rub: A CBD balm is usually made by mixing it with a proper base like coconut oil or beeswax. The naturally created balm is suggested to apply and massage into the affected area where you experience the pain. The balm will give you instant relief from the pain caused due to neuropathic and inflammation.
- CBD oil vape: CBD oil vape is the ideal way that helps in the quick intake of CBD oil. Designed to fit on vape pens, the vape pen heats itself to produce vapor when it comes to a boil. Even though the longevity of the results of vaping is still under research, this method is proven to help you get instant relief from pain.
- Consume any edible made with CBD oil: Mixing CBD oil and creating a healthy edible is another best method of taking CBD oil. If you prefer this method, know that it will take almost two to four hours for the effects to show up in your body. You can surely opt for this method if you don’t mind waiting hours for the effects. Though you need to wait a couple of hours, the results obtained via this method will last longer than others. Some of the edibles you can try making include brownies, candies, gummies, cookies, drinks, etc.
How does CBD work in your body?
Your body is composed of an endocannabinoid system (ECS). All cannabinoids interact with this endocannabinoid system to produce significant effects in your body. As the endocannabinoid system plays a crucial role in working with CBD oil, it is vital to know about this system in detail.
The endocannabinoid system is a large network, composed of lipids, enzymes, and receptors. The ECS is the core part that helps the body to maintain its homeostasis. In a recent scientific study, it is found that cannabis binds to two receptors in the brain. The cannabinoids interact with these receptors to benefit you with numerous positive health effects.
The two types of receptors are:
- CB1 receptors: These are the receptors that are present throughout the body. CB1 receptors help in coordinating emotion, thinking, mood, mobility, sleep, appetite, memory, sensation, and various other functions.
- CB2 receptors: These receptors are commonly found in the immune system of your body. CB2 receptors affect pain and inflammation.
Benefits and uses of CBD oil
People take CBD oil for various mental and physical health problems. The primary effect of CBD oil is pain relief and relaxation without causing any mind-altering effects. The safest way of improving overall health makes this natural oil the ideal choice for the majority regardless of age and gender. Now, here are the main health benefits of CBD oil discussed below:
- Helps in relieving pain: The potent effect of cannabis in alleviating pain is proven centuries back. The components present in cannabis with the pain-relieving effects support your body in fighting pain. The studies indicate that CBD helps reduce chronic pain by directly affecting the activities of endocannabinoid receptors. It results in lowered pain and inflammation. CBD oil is great to treat any type of body pain including back and nerve pain.
- Solves mental health disorders: CBD oil helps to reduce mental health and anxiety disorders. It helps to keep your overall health elevated. Though there are many supplements available for mental health issues, each of them causes side effects on your health. So to solve all your mental health disorders without any adverse effects on your health, CBD oil with the potential antidepressant abilities is a better option to choose.
- Treats cancer-related symptoms: CBD oil helps to treat cancer-related symptoms and side effects. The compounds found in CBD help in a significant reduction in pain.
- Effective in treating neurological disorders: The ability of CBD to act on the endocannabinoid system and reduce neurological disorders such as epilepsy and MS are proven with promising results. The potential effectiveness in treating neurological diseases helps improve your quality of sleep and general wellness.
- Supports heart health: CBD oil benefits your heart and circulatory system. Its positive effects on regulating blood pressure help improve the functioning of your cardiovascular health. Keeping your blood pressure at a normal range, CBD oil helps in relieving stress and anxiety. By improving blood circulation, this natural oil helps your arteries to function well.
How to find the right CBD dosage?
Below listed are the best ways through which you can figure out the safe CBD dosage for you:
- Consult a doctor about the dosage: Before you start taking CBD supplements on your own, it is important to consult an expert physician to determine the safe dosage to start with. Also, talking to an expert will even help you know about the safety level of taking CBD oil if you are currently under any medications.
- Go through the dosing instruction label on the CBD product: If you are having a specific CBD product and are confused about its dosage, it is ideal to take a look at the dosing instruction on the supplement label. This will help you determine the safe amount of CBD you need to stick with for effecting results.
- Start by taking a 10-15 mg CBD oil dosage: Other than starting with a higher dose of CBD oil, it is ideal to start with a small dose which is between 10-15 mg. This will help you know whether the small dose is effective in relieving your pain.
- Increase the dosage if a smaller dose isn’t working: If starting with the small dosage seems not supporting in relieving your pain, you can try taking an increased dosage of up to 30 mg. On the other hand, if the small dose is effective in alleviating your pain, then you don’t need to increase the dose.
Whatever pain bothers you, CBD oil is the ideal solution for treating the discomforts naturally and safely. CBD oil, free of side effects, can be used by any adult that falls in any age group. Though it is easy for you to find the right dosage, it will be best if you take expert advice from a physician by discussing all your current health conditions. Also, it will help you take CBD oil by knowing the safety level of using it along with other medications.
Dr. Edward Zelman
Dr. Edward Zelman works as a Neurologist with the expertise of over 15 years, helping more than thousands to get back in complete health through his research-proven treatments. He earned his Masters from Harvard University and completed his Ph.D. from Columbia University. Dr. Edward Zelman is one of the notable names in the medical industry for his work in pain management, chronic disorder, and so on. He is also a former faculty at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). At present, Dr. Edward Zelman is researching safe and effective natural remedies that can restore as well as maintain the youthful functioning of the body.
View All By Dr. Edward